Brandsness, Brandsness & Rudd, P.C. endeavors to meet the needs of families in our community by assisting clients with the many issues that face families in the legal system. We have a sincere interest in the protection and safety of children, provisions for the support of the elderly and the resolution of marital problems. Our attorneys and staff approach the resolution of problems facing families with an understanding of the human dynamics involved. Our family law services include:
- Adoptions and court proceedings for the protection of children including issues of custody and visitation by parents and visitation rights of grandparents
- Guardianships and conservatorships for minor children, the elderly and those who are mentally or physically unable to care for themselves
- Creation and administration of family trust arrangements including grandparents educational trusts, trusts for minor children, special needs trusts for those receiving governmental assistance, and trusts for the infirmed and the elderly
- Representation of clients in court proceedings involving annulment, separation and divorce. Our emphasis on a general business practice allows us to effectively resolve issues that deal with the family business or substantial marital assets
- Negotiation and preparation of prenuptial agreements for parties undertaking the marriage relationship and settlement agreements for parties desiring to divide their marital assets
- Representation of clients in all matters of custody, parenting time, name change, and support proceedings. This includes establishment of paternity, establishing, modifying, or enforcing spousal or child support, and enforcement of parenting time orders.
- Commencement and navigation of adoptions proceedings, including step parent and adult adoptions