Brandsness Brandsness & Rudd, P.C. has assisted clients in the formation of business organizations from small proprietorships valued at less than $1,000 to a major corporation that ultimately was acquired for one billion dollars. Business organizations include sole proprietorships, partnerships, business trusts, limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), limited liability partnerships (LLP), Subchapter C corporations, Subchapter S corporations, professional corporations and nonprofit corporations. We provide the following services to our business organization clients:
- Counseling on business entity options at the start up of a new business, at the expansion of the business, or at the acquisition of an existing business
- Drafting the necessary documents to organize the business entity selected and to assist in the appropriate filings with governmental agencies and adherence with Internal Revenue Code provisions
- Advising clients regarding estate planning issues and succession plans associated with the formation and operation of the business
- Preparing agreements among owners concerning transfer of ownership, employment, operation and exit strategies, both at the inception of the business entity and at the time of a change in circumstance
- Maintaining the business entity including scheduling annual and special meetings, preparing resolutions or consents to action, and reviewing the current applicability of existing agreements of owners
- Advising clients on the desirability of a change in the form of the entity or the dissolution of the business entity and the related wind-up matters
We are readily available to our business organization clients for general business consultation and strategic business decisions by office conference or by electronic communication. The success of our business clients is of paramount importance to our firm.